What Information do we collect?
We may collect (but not limited to) your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, details of the products or services you have enquired about, property value, rental amounts, insurance details, references (in relation to rental applications), photo identification and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us through our website, to staff or otherwise.
When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in the followings ways:
- by telephone, letter or email
- during conversations between you and our staff
- through engaging with us
- access and use of our website
- providing feedback to us
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
- your representatives (e.g. lawyers and accountants)
- your employer
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
Using your Personal Information
- provide products and services to you;
- responding to your enquiries and provide information or advice about our products or services;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to conduct our general business operations including providing personal information to our related contractors, service providers, body corporates, employees, or other third parties;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
We will only use personal information that you provide us for the purposes for which you provide it or, in exceptional circumstances, for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 2020 including:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
- service providers, related body corporates, or employees for the purposes of operating our business or website, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, utilities providers, data entry service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities (such as Tenancy Services, Real Estate Authority, and Ministry of Justice in New Zealand);
- other companies or individuals who perform checks (such as but not limited to compliance reviews and audits) that are necessary or desirable under law on our behalf;
- other companies, agencies or individuals that maintain databases against which your identity may be verified, which may include (but is not limited to) the New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs, and New Zealand Transport Agency; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You have the right to access personal information about you if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some exceptions provided at law. In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Links to External Sites
Please note that this site may contain links to and from websites not controlled by us. If your follow a link to another website, those websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies.